Let Us Help You This Season
With The Perfect Wines For Thanksgiving
Enjoy 1¢ shipping for all California orders and $25 shipping for the rest of the country. Order by November 11th to have your wine arrive before Thanksgiving. Offer not available for HI & AK.
We would be honored to help you create fond memories at your dinner table this Thanksgiving Season! Mix and match this season’s featured wine, 2018 Marsanne-Roussanne, with any of these other dinner essentials.
As a reminder, we will be closed November 24th and 25th to be with out loved ones. We thank you for your continued support and wish you a great Thanksgiving.
We hope you get to try
Brendan’s New England Clam Chowder Recipe
Shall you choose to replicate this family favorite, you can download the full recipe here.
- 10 t unsalted butter, divided
- 10 oz diced pancetta
- 1 C celery, medium-diced
- 2 C yellow onions (2 onions), medium-diced
- 2 C carrots, medium-diced 2 C potatoes, medium-diced
- ½ t dried thyme leaves
- ½ t white pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 t kosher salt
- ½ t black pepper
- 4 C clam juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 C milk
- 3 C fresh clams, chopped
(Atlantic surf clams have a sweet, delicate flavor, but you can use any clams you prefer. Shuck them over a bowl or use canned clams, drain them and use the juice)
- Melt 2 t. in a Le Creuset or Stock Pot on medium, add pancetta and cook on med-low heat so the fat renders out.
- Remove pancetta, and add 2 additional t of butter and onions, cook over medium-low heat until translucent, approx 10 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, potatoes, thyme, white pepper, salt, and sautée for 15 more minutes. 4. Add the clam juice, bring to a boil, and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Make the roux: Melt the remaining butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to make a smooth paste. Cook, stirring, until the roux bubbles; cook 2 minutes more.
- Whisk in a cup of the hot broth and then pour this mixture back into the cooked vegetables. Simmer for a few minutes until the broth is thickened.
- Add the milk, clams, and return the pancetta to the pot. Heat gently to cook or warm the clams.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.