COVID-19 SAFE OPERATING PROCEDURES
The comfort and safety of our members, guests, and team is our always first priority. We have always practiced the industry’s most rigorous cleaning and sanitation practices and have implemented even more rigorous standards according to state and county guidelines in order to improve our efforts to safeguard any and all of our visitors and staff.
protecting employee health
- All employees have been told not to come to work if ill.
- A health survey is conducted with each employee prior to each shift.
- Employees receive a thermal temperature scan prior to beginning each shift.
- Face coverings are worn by all staff who interact with the public and when not able to socially distance with other employees.
- Mandatory handwashing occurs on a schedule.
- Employee breakrooms and restrooms are disinfected frequently, on a schedule.
- A copy of procedures was shared with each employee.
- All tables are spaced so that all members of separate groups can maintain six feet of distance from each other.
- Tape or markings of at least six feet separation are used in areas where members of the public may form a line.
- Staggered seating times are used to control traffic flow.
- Tables are limited to not more than 6 people.
- A reservation process (CellarPass) is used to prevent people from gathering.
- Outdoor seating area has been expanded to increase social distancing.
- Signage is posted at each public entrance of the facility to inform the public to:
- Maintain social distancing of six feet
- Wash hands or use sanitizer upon entry to our facilities
- Stay home if they are ill or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- A copy of COVID-19 Restaurant Operating Procedures is posted at a location visible to the public.
- A contactless payment system is used and encouraged.
- Face coverings are worn by public when not seated at their table.
measures to increase sanitation and disinfection
- Tables and chairs are cleaned and disinfected between every group.
- Non-food items that may be used by multiple customers, such as menus, are disinfected between each use or modified to be a single service item, such as a disposable paper menu.
- Glassware, utensils and food ware are properly washed, rinsed and sanitized for an adequate amount of time in our high temp dishwasher, or submerged in sanitizer for an adequate amount of time. Or, only single-service utensils and food ware are used.
- High contact touch-points, such as phones, door handles, credit card terminals, etc. are cleaned and disinfected, using a disinfectant effective against Coronavirus, following a posted schedule.
- Public restrooms are disinfected every hour according to posted signage.
- A team member per shift is designated to oversee/enforce additional sanitization and disinfection procedures, as needed.
- The number of employees serving an individual party is limited to one employee, when possible.